Thursday, January 26, 2006

Monthly UT Trip


Tomorrow begins this months trip to Utah to spend time with my daughter Maya. Gratefully my work situation has allowed me to work remotely one week a month for the last three years. Wow, 3 years already!!! It is definately not ideal, but has been a source of strength for me, and hopefully for Maya too. She struggles with the transitions but hopefully the end result is better for all of us than other less favorable options. Eventually, I plan to again live in the same city as Maya!

So this trip marks a new chapter for Maya. Maya turns 5 on Monday!!! Of course a big party is planned for Saturday with lots of friends and family expected to be there. Plenty of pictures will be taken, no worries.

Next week is her final week at Sugarbear Academy. She has attended Sugarbear since she was one. Many great friends, teachers and administrators have had a hand in helping Maya learn, grow, and of course have lots of fun. It will not be easy for her to leave. Thanks Tricia, Grandma and Grandpa Sugar, Lori, Lisa, Toya-Lyn, Natalie, Amber, Christy, Arlene, Bre-Anne and everyone else.

Maya begins a new adventure at the JCC where my sister Sharlie is the Director of their Early Childhood Center. I'm bit anxious about the transition, new school and new friends, but I am also excited for the future. Maya seems to be excited about going to a new school and making new friends. Hopefully she transitions smoothly, Emily would sure appreciate it! I wish I was going to be in town for at least part of her first week. Hopefully it all goes well - for both Maya and Emily!

But I'm jumping too far ahead...

Comments on "Monthly UT Trip"

 

post a comment