Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend (Part 3)

Monday we headed into the city on the Metro and went to the National Zoo. As we got to Metro Center we noticed our train waiting on the platform and we decided to run for it. I jumped on board then turned around to Jill, stuck in the door, yelling "Open the Door!...Do Something!" The door opened slightly, Jill lunged forward onto the train, then door suddenly slammed closed. Matt and Cami just stared through the door in shock as I tried to yell at them to get on the next train.

For those who don't know, the metro train doors do not open like an elevator door if you try to block it. The door just clamps down on you until the driver opens it again. And the drivers have no compassion for people who block the doors. "Stupid Tourists!"

Jill and I got off on the next stop and hoped that Matt and Cami either heard what I was trying to say or figured it out on their own. We waited and waited for what seemed like a long time until the train finally arrived. Yay! Matt and Cami were there.

We spent several hours at the zoo until our feet and backs were sore. A lot of people also thought today would a great day at the zoo. We seemed to have timed it just right to see all the animals in their most exciting state...Sleeping!

A quick stop at Chipotle to fuel then we headed home on the metro. The tired bodies, full stomaches and the gentle rocking of the train was more than I could resist and I quickly settled down for a little cat-nap on the way home.

This concluded the weekend's activities. Matt and Cami packed up and headed back to Richmond. Jill helped me cleanup and organize my closest then we relaxed and watched Casablanca.

I didn't want the weekend to end.

Thanks guys for hanging out with me this weekend. And expecially thanks for cleaning and organizing my room! What a great way to celebrate Labor Day!

Comments on "Labor Day Weekend (Part 3)"

 

Blogger cami said ... (Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:25:00 PM) : 

where are the "after" pics of your room???

 

post a comment