Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My Clam Shell Got Shucked

In Memoriam:

Why can't you buy a cheap replacement phone? All of the retail places that sell cell phones only have deals if you sign up for a contract. Some companies have started offering upgrade deals for current customers but they are not very good deals and have time requirements.

I visited several retail establishments and the cheapest phone that I found to buy was $200!!! This was the type of piece of crap phone that can get for free if you sign up for a 1 year contract. What a racket!

All I wanted was something to get me by while I decided which model I wanted (and could afford). But the retail prices were way more than just ordering an unlocked phone from the web. Why is price difference so huge at the retail store compared to online. Yeah, you can usually find items cheaper online but a difference of $425 for a cell phone is outrageous!

I decided to go with the SLVR. Hopefully the 'candy bar' design will not break as easily as the 'clamshell' / 'flip' design. It is just not getting here fast enough.

Or maybe I just need to stop trying to impress my woman by showing her my high-kicking skillz in the parking lot while my delicate cell phone is precariously resting in my breast pocket.

Comments on "My Clam Shell Got Shucked"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Tuesday, October 10, 2006 3:26:00 PM) : 

you are a nerd. you know that?

 

Blogger cami said ... (Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:02:00 PM) : 

Thanks for trying to make us feel better about breaking our windshield. But really didn't have to. You're swell.

 

post a comment