Thursday, June 07, 2007

Where did May Go?

Wow - over a full month without posting!

And actually two months worth of life missing!

Is that sad or what?

So here are few things that proves that April and May actually did exist in our life.

Settling In
-
Jill has kept us busy with getting the apartment setup. We have hung pictures and magnetic boards (for displaying lots more pictures without the expensive frames). For the living room we purchased covers for the old couches and futon, a new red rug for a splash of color, and snake plant. With all the gift cards we got from the wedding we were able to buy all of the kitchen stuff we needed, which I really like! Now I just need to cook more.

Sara and Nate go on a Date

- They got a sitter for little Evander while we did a Friday night session at the DC temple. After, we enjoyed some great Chinese food and discussed such great topics as the going rate for babysitters, food allergies, and moving (them to Iowa, us to Utah).

A Visit from Matt and Cami
- They came up from Richmond to do some sealings then came to visit us. We went for a hike at Cunningham Falls which was nice. We tried out our new slow cooker by cooking a nice big pot roast with all the veggie fixings.

Mothers Day visit from Bruce and Donna
- Jill's parents drove down from Philly to visit for the weekend. We explored downtown Frederick where Jill and her mom found some cute little shops while dad and I tried to not look completely bored. We ate at a great Italian restaurant called Venuti's. Mmmmm! On Sunday I made another pot roast in the slow cooker. Mmmmm! 2 for 2!

Utah Trip
- My trip to Utah was a success (as always). It was Maya's last full week of Kindergarten at the JCC. Her class put on a play based on the a book about a cricket that wanted to be a butterfly. Maya was a ladybug in the play which is quite fitting since we call her Maya Bug. I bought more fish for the large aquarium but they have all died off, one-by-one. For some reason the original fish are strong and healthy but any new fish that I add have all died. Strange. Maya will be attending her old day care (Sugarbear Academy) for the summer months. She is excited with the possibility of see some of her old friends that may be back for the summer too.

Bike Ride
- I got the bikes off of the balcony and into the office. They had already started to rust! Once I got everything cleaned and lubed we decided to head out for a bike ride. Two of my bikes are too tall for Jill to ride but I was able to lower the seat on the full suspension bike enough for her to ride it. She had to learn how to dismount properly since she still could not touch the ground while sitting on the seat (a source of must frustration and worry for her). We rode around on a paved path by our apartment and Jill was great with her newly learned dismounting technique. Jill was commenting for days about after how much her butt hurt!

Texas Trip for Work
- I spent a week at the Ft Worth NLECC (National Law Enforcement Control Center). Work was fine and fairly uneventful. But having new relatives in Texas to visit with is fun. I visited with Chris, Holly and the boys (Ryan, Jake, and Kade) and their new dog Jazz. We went for a walk around the neighborhood, enjoyed some dinner and desert and I read a couple of stories to boys at bed time. Chris and Holly then taught me a new game based on scrabble called Take Two which was quite fun. I also went out to dinner with Carlyna and Logan. Only two weeks left until their wedding.

Sent in Camera and Lenses for Repair
- With a lot of apprehension, I sent in all of my lenses (4) and my digital camera in for repair and cleaning. I got my my camera and one lens just in time for Carlyna and Logan's wedding in Texas. More on that later. Hopefully the rest of the lenses will be repaired soon.

Well I think that is about it.

April and May really did exist even if I have been a complete slacker on posting.

Comments on "Where did May Go?"

 

post a comment