Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nassau, Bahamas

We left the Port of Miami (N25 46.209 W80 08.878) at 5PM and traveled all night.

Our first port-of-call was Nassau, Bahamas (N25 04.857 W77 20.518)

We signed up for a snorkeling adventure and had a wonderful time.

There was a large school of Sargent Fish and lots of sponges and coral on the small reef.

The depth was only about 10 to 15 feet so it was pretty easy to dive down and get a close up view.

I quickly discovered that my lung capacity is no where near what it used to be when I was scuba diving and snorkeling a couple of times a week.

The shops were not very exciting and the straw market was actually a bit sad and depressing.

If you paused a second or two to look at a cheesy hat, tee-shirt, or hand sewn baskets, the women would ask you if you wanted to buy it.

People watching is always a fun way to pass the time.

The tourists are always interesting but enjoyed observing the locals more.

Here are the rest of the pictures of Nassau.

Comments on "Nassau, Bahamas"

 

Blogger cami said ... (Wednesday, May 02, 2007 7:24:00 PM) : 

Cool underwater shots. Did you buy a disposable camera?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:22:00 AM) : 

I finally got to use my aquapac waterproof camera bag that Tara gave me last summer. The challenging part was actually getting fish in the picture since I could not see the viewfinder screen. I pretty much sucked at it. Lots of pictures of green/blue water.

http://www.aquapac.net

 

post a comment