Sunday, August 17, 2008

Maya's First Bike Ride

So tonight we finally accomplished a goal that has been eluding us.

We finally gave the bike riding thing another shot after a couple months. Last night we were able to get on the bike again which was really only the second time ever trying.

She did really well at getting me really tired as I ran along side trying to keep up. Oh, and she did really well at learning how to ride. We ran out of daylight but she was really excited to try it again.

So today we went over to the cemetery again with its wide, flat roads and no traffic. After she made me run the lanes a couple of times I could no longer keep up. We went back to the house so I could my bike and Jill came over to take a few pictures.

We rode around and around the cemetery lanes for the next hour and half. She practiced her stops and starts and did a great job. Our neighbors were out walking and called her a pro. Maya latched onto that and kept saying "Watch out, I'm a Pro now!" and "Dad, you can't keep up with me, I'm a Pro!"

Way to go Maya!
We are proud of you.

There are a few more pictures here.

Comments on "Maya's First Bike Ride"

 

Blogger Kerry and Dave said ... (Monday, August 18, 2008 7:24:00 AM) : 

Way to go, Maya! Lookin' good!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Monday, August 18, 2008 5:11:00 PM) : 

so i just have to note that she doesn't always look so scruffy but she was already in her pajamas when we decided to go out. Just put on some shorts and out the door she ran. You should have seen my nice non-matching sunday evening attire.

 

Blogger Cami said ... (Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:43:00 AM) : 

I was wondering about the huge shirt :) Way to go Maya! We love you and expect to go on lots of bike rides when we are in Utah next. You'll really be a Pro then :)

 

Blogger Holly and Chris Kneeland said ... (Wednesday, August 20, 2008 7:59:00 PM) : 

I love teaching kids to ride bikes especially when they are almost as big as I am. You need a major back massage after that!

 

post a comment