Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Countdown

The week before the wedding has arrived.

It is always amazing how the time goes by so quickly.

Our vacation started on Friday when the East Coast received a pretty significant Snow and Ice storm.

Saturday Jill and I packed and drove up to her parents house outside of Philly. When we arrived we finished clearing the driveway and sidewalk of the heavy snow and ice. Amazingly, Jill's mom, Donna and sister, Kelly had shoveled most of the driveway already.

Sunday we celebrated Linda (Jill's sister) and Toby's (her husband) birthdays. Somehow I ended up at the stove cooking the fajitas on one of our new wedding gifts. It is a grill/griddle that you place over the burners. It worked fabulously on the peppers, onions, steak and chicken. Yummy!

Monday I received a recorded message on my cell phone from Delta Airlines informing us that our direct flight from BWI to SLC had been canceled! We were now booked on a flight that left Tuesday morning with a layover in Atlanta. We had to make a bunch of calls to verify our status and rearrange the plans that we had had on Tuesday. We went to Linda's shop to get my haircut and Jill and Linda finalize the hair style for the wedding. Then we went to a movie (Amazing Grace) with Donna. The movie was quite good. I had no idea of the story behind the song. After the movie we headed to Baltimore and crashed at Shelly's place (Jill's recently moved-out-of place)

Tuesday, Sara took us to BWI bright and early and we made our way safely to Salt Lake. We were not the only ones on the flight that had been impacted by the cancellation including about a dozen high school kids from Monticello returning from a DC trip.

Jill had a shower to attend Tuesday night that my Mom and sisters were throwing. Maya was excited to be able to help Jill open her gifts.

The rest of the week consists of making sure everything is ready for Saturday. Friends and family will be arriving in Salt Lake throughout the week. On Thursday we are taking our parents out to dinner then Friday we have party with lots of my Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

The days are pretty full and I'm sure it is going to go by very quickly.

I can't believe it is here!

Comments on "Countdown"

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:45:00 PM) : 

Oh yeah!! I'm so there! I'm so stoked! Yahoo for wedding!

 

Blogger cami said ... (Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:20:00 PM) : 

I wish we could be there. It is going to be so beautiful. I hope you'll forgive us for not coming. When you get back, we're going to come and visit. We expect to see some pictures. Love you.

 

post a comment