Saturday, June 09, 2007

Frederick Community Bridge

Tara drove up to Frederick for a visit last week.

She had heard about a bridge that was entirely painted with a trompe l'oeil mural. And it is right here in Frederick, MD.

That sounded quite interesting to me since that is my favorite style of artwork.

Trompe l'oeil (trump loy) means 'fool the eye'.

Here is one of the websites describing the Community Bridge project.

Here is the website for the artist, William Cochran, and you can take a class from him and learn how to paint trompe l'oeil.

After going through my pictures, it appears that I did not document the little details of the artwork very well. I guess I was more interested in the sunset and shadows. Tara did a better job of that on her blog.

Here are a few more pictures and here are Tara's pictures (and Yes, I stole a few!).

Comments on "Frederick Community Bridge"

 

Blogger cami said ... (Sunday, June 10, 2007 9:17:00 PM) : 

That is very cool! We definitely need to come and see it. I'll bet the pictures don't really do it justice. It looks amazing.

 

post a comment