Monday, January 21, 2008

Living in Box City and Saying Goodbye

We are doing pretty well with spreading out the packing love. We really wanted to avoid being completely worn out from 10 hour packing marathons at the last minute. We have tried to pack one or two boxes a day during the week and tackle some big stuff on the weekends.

We have been making the rounds and saying our goodbyes which is no fun but necessary. We went ice skating with several Baltimore friends then had some yummy desserts at Shelly's place.

I had a weird experience at the ice rink. My brothers are the skaters of the family having played ice and roller hockey for many years so you probably will never find me on the same sheet of ice as them. My fragile ego can't take that big of a blow. I used to roller blade a lot so I can get around just fine on skates even though I may not have mad skills.

But this time on the ice was a completely different experience. They gave me hockey style skates which I was excited about because the ugly brown figure skates did not go with my outfit. But, I quickly discovered that I have ZERO ankle strength. I could not walk on them at all. My ankles flopped outward until I was walking on the sides of the skates! I attempted make at around the rink but after about 1/4 of the way I made a bee-line for the exit.

After lacing up the ever-so-fashionable brown skates, I was able skate like a normal person who has not been on skates for a year. The extra 4 inches of ankle support made all the difference. I had no idea that my ankles were so weak (or flexible)!

We went to the Erickson's for one last family dinner. Everyone (that lives in Virginia) was there, so it was great to see them one last time (for a while).

We had another dinner party with Mike & Brittany, Dave & Kerry, and Jason. Everyone is doing great but going in completely different directions.

One great thing about being in Utah is that most of our friends have Utah connections and will end up in Utah at some point. That makes the goodbyes a little bit easier.

Comments on "Living in Box City and Saying Goodbye"

 

Blogger Kerry and Dave said ... (Monday, February 04, 2008 2:02:00 PM) : 

I can't believe you're gone :( We miss you already! Can't wait to get an update from Utah once you get settled!

 

post a comment