Monday, June 26, 2006

Sheets of Rain

I love the rain.

My favorite time to run is in the rain and walking in the rain is very rejuvenating.

Last night as I listened to the rain and tried to focus on studying, I suddenly had the urge to get much closer. As much as I wanted to just discard my studying and enjoy the downpour fully, I decided to compromise by taking my laptop onto the porch along with Dan's hammock chair.

It was perfect.

The rhythm of the rain drops, the sudden thunderclaps, the ISO 7 layer model going through my brain (Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away!). The rain therapy was wonderful.

The other thing I am really loving right now is my new sheets. I have always enjoyed the comfort that freshly laundered sheets can bring but new sheets are even better. And team them up with a new comforter, it is just heaven. It is one of the things that is a memory trigger for me.

Snuggling up in new sheets with a new comforter (and rain falling outside my window) is second only to all of the above with my favorite person in whole world spooning beside me.

Dare to dream...

Comments on "Sheets of Rain"

 

post a comment