Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence

Friends are amazing.

As a quiet awkward youth I only had a few close friends and didn't really see a big need to expand. One of my recent goals has been to try to break out of the shyness shell that I have hidden under for many years. I don't enjoy the shell, but it has been my comfort zone for a very long time. I know I will not be able to shed it without a lot of effort and time, but I think I have made great progress during the past year and those close to me have agreed. Adding new friends that are very outgoing has been helpful and has forced me to stretch. Getting out onto the local mountain biking trails and meeting some great people has also helped. Lately friends have been a great addition to my life. I am still baffled by the fact that people actually want to spend time with me. Recently my circle of friends has increased both in number and geography. Being welcomed into Jill's circle of close friends has been a lot fun and another stretch for me. They are a great bunch of people.

Becoming independent of my shell is great feeling. The shell is still close at hand, but hopefully I will find new solace elsewhere.

Comments on "Independence"

 

Blogger Anne said ... (Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:10:00 PM) : 

I totally know what you mean Corey, I'm attempting the same, although I fear with less success than you! Good work my friend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Friday, July 07, 2006 10:11:00 AM) : 

i am extremely glad you are my friend and so excited you are enjoying all the new people in your life.
jill

 

post a comment