Friday, August 24, 2007

Race for the Cure

I know lots of my friends contribute both monetarily and physically to the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. I thought I would let you know who I am supporting this year and invite you contribute if you can.

I am supporting my friend Tara J (Not Tara V). We were co-workers a few years ago while we were working for Lexign/Providus in Rockville, MD. Those were some great days. We got to be really good friends and she helped me through a really rough time in my life. Hopefully I was some contribution to her as well, and not just a leech!

You know, now that I think about it. That was only time in my life where I have actually had good friends at work. And not only people that I enjoyed working with but people who I enjoyed being with away from work.

Anyway, back to Tara. She is a cancer survivor. She has participated several times in the National Race for the Cure while she lived in the DC area. Now she lives in the Milwaukee area with her husband and new son and she is still an avid supporter. She and her husband are currently battling another tough time. They are planning to race this fall after she recovers from surgery.

Please help me support them and support all of the cancer fighters.

Here is Tara's support page.

Comments on "Race for the Cure"

 

post a comment