Sunday, September 07, 2008

We're Having a Baby

We're excited to share the news with all those we love (and who read our blog) that we're pregnant. Which also quickly means that we have been tired, sick, emotional, fat, blah blah blah. But we are loving it and so excited for the upcoming addition to the family. I am 16 weeks with the baby due around Feb. 21st. I have contemplated the idea of keeping the sex a secret but don't think I could do it so we should be having the ultrasound the beginning of October.

It has been an interesting few months as Corey and I were committed to keeping it a secret for awhile. After we saw the positive pregnancy test I had two weeks where I was tired but things were good. I even remember telling him "I don't think this is real because I don't feel anything different". Well, those words didn't last long. It then became difficult to hide as I was taking naps every afternoon, feeling nauseous and not being able to eat. Then I had a bad cold and couldn't take any medicine and slowly began to look FAT. But no one seemed to notice the changes.

We had fun calling my family out east during the week of my mom's birthday as Chris, Holly and the boys were there visiting. I called up and mom said "the boys are coloring pictures and are asking me when Aunt Jill is going to have a baby". I laughed and said "well let them know the baby should be here in February". We talked for a few more minutes and mom just kept yelling "whoo hoo". I think she is a little excited. We are looking forward to flying to Texas for Christmas to see all of my family. We can't wait. Although flying for 3 hours at 31 weeks along doesn't thrill me.

Next, we were excited to tell Maya. We have the routine of reading stories every night before bed. I decided it would be fun to pick up books from the library that were about babies. So, on the appointed night, Maya was in the bath and I layed out all the books on her bed. Both Corey and I joined her for story time. She sat down, started looking at the books and quickly noticed "why are all these books about babies?" She is so smart. I just said, well I thought it would be fun. So we read a few stories and then said "well, there is a reason we wanted to read about babies tonight." I pulled out a gift for her to open which was a t-shirt I made. I had ironed on the words "I'm a BIG SISTER Feb 09." Maya looked at the shirt and got the cutest confused look. She said "but I'm not a big sister". We said "but you are going to be in February" and she said "but how, you aren't even pregnant" and we said "but that's what we're telling you, we are pregnant", and she said "but you don't look pregnant" and I said "Thank You". Things finally sank in and she just smiled and laughed and smiled and laughed. It took a little while to calm her down (next time we will do it earlier in the evening) and then we were nicely awakened at 4 am with her saying "I can't sleep". We think she was still excited.

Finally, we were excited to tell Corey's family. I feel kinda bad they are the last family and we live so close. We decided to tell everyone at the family backyard campout. The plan included Maya wearing her shirt, everyone noticing and then getting all excited. Well, the reality was Maya wore the shirt, it was dark outside, everyone was eating and playing and no one noticed the shirt for quite awhile. Poor Maya was losing her patience as she came to me "no one is looking at my shirt". Luckily not too much longer Grandma Burk looked at the shirt and said "what is this shirt? You aren't a big sister". Maya quickly shared, "but Jill is pregnant". Grandma was excited and the word quickly spread.

Fun times. We feel very blessed at this time and grateful we have such wonderful family and friends to join us on this journey. Keep your fingers crossed that I begin to feel much better soon, baby continues to be healthy and that I don't get too fat too fast.

Comments on "We're Having a Baby"

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (Sunday, September 07, 2008 4:23:00 PM) : 

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so excited for all of you! Congrats! Maya is going to be as fantastic a big sister as you to are (already!) parents!!

 

Blogger Jillybobilly said ... (Sunday, September 07, 2008 4:40:00 PM) : 

thanks Stephanie!!

 

Blogger Mike and Brittany said ... (Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:14:00 PM) : 

Yeah for you guys. I am beyond excited for your little family. Now I want to call you, but I need to go to bed. So exciting!!! And Jill, I can't believe you've kept this secret.

 

Blogger Jillybobilly said ... (Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:22:00 PM) : 

Thanks Brittany. I am impressed with myself as well. :-) I am home tomorrow night if you want to call. By the way will you reinvite me to your blog we somehow cant get to yours.
love ya

 

Blogger Cal said ... (Monday, September 08, 2008 8:30:00 AM) : 

Jill and Corey!
I am so excited for you guys. I can't believe that you kept a secret for so long. I can't wait to meet her!
love ya
callee

 

Blogger Kerry and Dave said ... (Monday, September 08, 2008 7:09:00 PM) : 

Congratulations!!!!! I flew to Chicago for Christmas just 3 weeks before Lacey was born; it's not comfortable, but it's definitely doable and it's so fun to have your family see you all prego. We're so happy for you!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Marshall Nair said ... (Monday, September 08, 2008 8:07:00 PM) : 

Jill,
I tried to call, but you have changed your number, and apparently I am not on the list of people who get it;-). Also, you're not fat, you're pregnant. It's hard with the first one, because it takes a long time to actually look that way, but there is a baby in there all the same. Hope you feel better

 

Blogger Cami said ... (Tuesday, September 09, 2008 7:26:00 PM) : 

CONGRATS!!! We are so excited for you guys! We can't wait to see you guys at Christmas.

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:55:00 AM) : 

You are a good secret keeper. You are also 2 weeks further along then I am. So not liking you right now. Just kidding! Way to go and I am so happy you are joining Bunco!!!

 

Blogger The Pemberton Family said ... (Saturday, September 13, 2008 7:44:00 PM) : 

Jill- It's Ana Wright! I've been following your blog and catching up on your life. I had to figure out all the details--hope I have them all straight. Thank goodness your husband is great at blogging and I could go through all the archives! Congratulations-what an awesome thing to start a new family to complement the one you already have. Please email me so we can catch up--Anatuud607@aol.com

 

Blogger tlc said ... (Sunday, September 14, 2008 12:17:00 AM) : 

Jill,

Congrats on the upcoming baby. I am so happy for you. Talk to you soon.

Laurel Castagna

 

Blogger La negra said ... (Thursday, September 18, 2008 3:50:00 PM) : 

JILLYN and Corey....congrats on the pregnancy! Wow...how did I not know yet, Jill?!! Man I miss you! How are ya'll doing over there? Are ya'll still in Frederick area? I love ya.

Monica

 

Blogger Anne said ... (Monday, September 29, 2008 2:57:00 PM) : 

Congratulations you guys!! How very exciting!!!

 

post a comment