Monday, December 28, 2009

Temple Square Photo Walk


I attended a mini clinic put on by the Photowalking Utah group. They gave some great tips and tricks on how to improve your low-light, night, and Christmas light photos.


The group of about 130 photographers crammed onto a Trax train and proceeded to Temple Square to try out those tips on the holiday lights.


I actually waited another 15 minutes for the next train and missed out on being included in the group shot. We were turning the corner just as the speedlights were lighting up the group in front of the big red Christmas tree made of lights.


I had fun trying to get some good shots and recreating my favorite shot of the Salt Lake Temple with Christmas lights.


It was interesting to hear random comments from other people about all of the tripods and big cameras. I fought with my crappy, very low quality, tripod for awhile then just used my monopod. It is not easy trying to hold a monopod perfectly still for long exposure shots.


You can find more of my pictures here and pictures from the group on the Photowalking Flikr Group site.

Comments on "Temple Square Photo Walk"

 

post a comment