Monday, July 31, 2006

Mid-Summer Night Sweats

Why has this summer seemed so Hot? Is it really any hotter than normal? The news stations keep talking about record heatwaves across the country so I tend to think that it is in fact hotter than normal.

As further evidence, for the next few days there is an official Excessive Heat Watch for the Greater DC area:

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 100 DEGREES TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY... COMBINED WITH HIGH HUMIDITY...WILL CAUSE HEAT INDEX VALUES TO RISE TO AROUND 110 DEGREES DURING THE AFTERNOON...WITH VALUES IN URBAN AREAS BEING HIGHEST.

DUE TO THE HUMIDITY...TEMPERATURES WILL BE SLOW TO COOL AT NIGHT. HEAT INDEX VALUES THROUGH THE EVENING LIKELY WILL BE OPPRESSIVE... IN THE 90S TO NEAR 100...AND LITTLE OVERALL RELIEF CAN BE EXPECTED OVERNIGHT. ONCE AGAIN...URBAN AREAS WILL EXPERIENCE THE HOTTEST CONDITIONS. THE HEAT INDEX IN THE DOWNTOWN AREAS OF BALTIMORE AND WASHINGTON DC MAY NOT DROP BELOW 90 DEGREES EARLY WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY MORNING.

TEMPERATURES MAY BE A COUPLE OF DEGREES COOLER DURING THE DAY ON THURSDAY...BUT HUMIDITY WILL BE A LITTLE BIT GREATER. THE END RESULT WILL BE AFTERNOON HEAT INDEX VALUES ONCE AGAIN NEAR 110 DEGREES.

Luckily I have been able to sucessfully escape the heat when I return to the indoors unlike some. Sorry Erin! I am really not a fan of the humidity at all. I have always easily sweated in the dry heat that I grew up in. Once you had a touch of humidity my sweat glands seem to go into hyper mode. Not Fun!

I hope everyone is able to find refuge this week.

I think I'm going to try to bring back the sweatband trend.

Anyone with me?

Comments on "Mid-Summer Night Sweats"

 

Blogger erinannie said ... (Monday, July 31, 2006 11:55:00 AM) : 

You suck!

And feel free to rescue me to your a/c anytime!

 

Blogger Anne said ... (Monday, July 31, 2006 1:01:00 PM) : 

I totally broke out my sweatband wrist watch at the gym the other day. It was a lifesaver I tell ya!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Monday, July 31, 2006 2:27:00 PM) : 

Come on over. Movie night on the big screen.

 

post a comment