Friday, February 22, 2008

Baltimore Aquarium

The night before our moving day, we were able to spend time with friends in Baltimore.

I (Jill!) was excited to spend some last final moments in my charming city of Baltimore.

Corey and I briefly (due to the cold) walked down the pier in Fells Point.

Fells Point is a special spot for us as it was the meeting point for our first date and where Corey later proposed to me.

Both of those events also included ice cream but we passed on that this day due to the cold.

After our walk down memory lane we met up with friends and visited the Baltimore Aquarium.

This was actually my first visit to the aquarium at length. I seem to recall running through in about 10 minutes during my first year in Baltimore.

After the aquarium we all (Shelley, Katie, Sam, Liz and us) walked over to Panara Bread for dinner. It was the perfect night for some warm soup and sandwiches. Followed up with cookies and hot chocolate. It was a great time to talk and enjoy just being together.

I was so touched that they wanted to spend some time together before our move. We are truly blessed with wonderful people in our life. And Baltimore will always hold a special place in my heart.

Things which happened in Baltimore:
1. First blessing was moving in across the street from the Mormon missionaries. Who helped me move in when they saw my truck.
2. Completed grad school
3. Met a naked albino bald guy while door knocking in East Baltimore.
4. Learned the importance of paying parking tickets on time.
5. Learned to budget around a monthly $300 car insurance payment.
6. Lived on my own in the cutest studio apartment with the world's best deck.
7. Learned to make wide left hand turns to avoid the curb.
8. Experienced our house being robbed while living with Shelley. Blessed we were not home.
9. Loved living near the water, 1st time going sailing, napping in the park, Fourth of July fireworks, Lighting of the Washington Monument in Baltimore (the original Washington monument), baseball games on summer nights, attended my first pro football game.
10. Donated many, many, many hubcaps to the streets of Baltimore
11. Fabulous 30th surprise birthday party.
12. Falling in Love with Corey

Baltimore has treated me well.

Here are more Fells Point pictures and Baltimore Aquarium pictures.

Comments on "Baltimore Aquarium"

 

Blogger tara said ... (Friday, February 22, 2008 10:25:00 PM) : 

how fun that you (jill!) are posting!

 

Blogger Marshall Nair said ... (Monday, February 25, 2008 1:10:00 PM) : 

I am glad you were in Baltimore. It sure made things better for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:21:00 PM) : 

Your Baltimore friends miss you, too!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:36:00 PM) : 

you guys are so nice.

 

post a comment