Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday Indulgence

A couple of weeks ago Jill and I were trying to decide what to do with our Saturday.

As I was going through my Emails I noticed that I had received a message about motorcycle racing out at the Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele.

My day was instantly planned. The thrill of motorcycles screaming around the track, me wishing I had one of my own, and figuring out how to take decent pictures sounded like a great Saturday indeed.

Jill was not as easily convinced. But with the notion of a picnic, a good book in hand, the IPod, and the cheap admission price, she was up for an adventure.

Admission was only 5 bucks since this was a pretty small event. We had access to pretty much the entire facility. Unfortunately we arrived at the beginning of the lunch time break.

We wandered around until I finally found a schedule and determined that today was mostly practices and tomorrow were the actually races.

Oh well, it was still fun... and I think Jill actually enjoyed it a little bit too.

Thanks Jill for indulging me with a few hours of watching high powered machines circle the track and shooting a whole lot of bad pictures.

Hopefully I have learned a few things about shooting fast moving objects from a long distance in the bright afternoon sun.

Someday I will figure out how to take decent pictures.

The Kart racing pictures turned out a lot better than the motorcycles.

Jill's indulgence of the day was purchasing a new Modbe swimming suit.

Here are the rest of the Motorcycle Pictures and the Kart Pictures.

Comments on "Saturday Indulgence"

 

Blogger Carlyna said ... (Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:18:00 PM) : 

Seeing the picture of Jill reading the book reminds me of a shot I have when the YSA group here went to a Rangers Baseball game. One of the guys who came along was so engrossed with his magazine I had to take a picture. I zoomed in so he wouldn't notice and the magazine article he was reading was titled "How to Build a Better Browser". My thought, why did you come?

At least Jill was being supportive of her husband. Oh, and this guy is still single!

 

Blogger Shana said ... (Thursday, May 01, 2008 11:02:00 AM) : 

So when I saw the first picture I thought you guys were on the motorcycles... I was thinking humm. Anyway, kudos for getting out and doing something before the snow hit! Also, if you are looking for a quick weekend getaway this summer to Chicago, I have great news. We live here!! See you soon.

 

Blogger Marshall Nair said ... (Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:40:00 PM) : 

I think these pictures are great, and I really love all your pictures Corey. You are quite talented

 

post a comment