Thursday, May 01, 2008

Employment, finally!!!

I had to send a post letting everyone know that yes the day has come when Jill has accepted a job offer. Whoohoo. I am perplexed at my feelings as I am excited and relieved but also scared and sad. I have enjoyed my stint of unemployment as it has provided many opportunities of becoming acclimated to my new city, spending time with friends and family, absence of stress and taking over household tasks. But I am excited to be back working helping others and feeling excited to accomplish new tasks.

So, Corey tells me titles are important so my official title is Social Worker- Team Leader. I dont know if that is an impressive title but nonetheless that is now me. The program is Valley Woods, through Valley Mental Health. Valley Woods is a permanent residential setting for adults with sever mental health diagnoses, mainly Schizophrenia and Bipolar. I will be responsible for management a small caseload of clients, supervising case managers and helping with various administrative and program tasks.

I am looking forward to working with adults as I have not done so for many years and the position excited me because it provided a good balance between direct care and administration/ management/ program development.

So, I take a moment to say thank you to all of you who love me so much and shared your support, encouragement and prayers for me. This is a real blessing and it will help us with our goal of saving money for a house.

Look forward to many positing of the adventures at work as I am sure there will be many.

Comments on "Employment, finally!!!"

 

Blogger tara said ... (Thursday, May 01, 2008 3:13:00 PM) : 

oh happy day! congrats!!

 

Blogger Carlyna said ... (Friday, May 02, 2008 10:15:00 AM) : 

Congrats JillyboBilly!

 

Blogger Marshall Nair said ... (Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:38:00 PM) : 

Way to go Jill. I am sure you are so relieved

 

Blogger Kerry and Dave said ... (Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:38:00 PM) : 

Congratulations! Team leader - you sound important, which of course you are :)

 

Blogger Jillybobilly said ... (Friday, May 09, 2008 2:58:00 PM) : 

Thanks everyone! Kerry I just pretend to be important. I had two days of training and start on the unit on Monday.

 

post a comment