Saturday, June 06, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Kneeland Visit Noah

We were blessed to have 8 fun filled days with Grandma and Grandpa Kneeland in town (back in March!). I am so sad they are far away and that we don't get to see them more often. We loved having them here.

Their trip started out a little rough. They arrived at the airport gate and learned they had missed the "check in 45 minutes early" rule by 3 minutes. So they lost out on their non-stop flight and needed to rebook a later flight with a connection, costing more money and more time spent in airports. Luckily when they arrived, cute Noah made them forget all their traveling woes.

We spent Saturday catching up and trying to organize some space for two extra people and their luggage in our humble abode. We enjoyed the evening playing with Noah and Maya and prepared food for Noah's blessing the next day.

Sunday was Noah's blessing and it was a wonderful day. His blessing was short and sweet as Corey is his father. I remember Corey mentioned that Noah will love to learn including learning the gospel and that he will share what he learns with others. I am so excited to watch this little guy grow up.

We had an open house at Cecil and Kathy's house with the whole family and a bunch of friends. It was wonderful having everyone come together.

Noah looked adorable in his little bow tie. (Thanks Emily B. for letting me borrow the blessing outfit). We were blessed to visit with my Aunt Linda and Uncle Kent who were in town from California. We haven't seen them since our wedding. The food and conversation were great.
Monday we packed the car and drove down to Cedar City to visit family. My uncle Gary was in the hospital with a serious infection and we wanted to visit with him. Faith, Judy and Erin drove us to the hospital in St. George. That evening my cousin Carrie and her husband Rob organized a great dinner at Faith's house back in Cedar City. Carrie's two daughters, Annie and Kathy came with their cute kids and Bryce and Caroline came with two of their boys Matt and Tommy.

We had a wonderful time eating and celebrating family. I am happy to report that Gary is home from the hospital and his health continues to improve. He is a strong and amazing man. Although Faith has since had her own share of health issues. Our prayers go out to them. We were able to stay the night in Cedar City and drive home on Tuesday. It was a quick but rewarding trip.
Tuesday night we enjoyed being home and playing more with Noah and Maya.
Wednesday, dad and Corey worked a bit while Mom and I enjoyed a day of shopping. I took her to my favorite home decor store and then to the mall. Mom spoiled me by buying me some new after pregnancy clothes. Thanks mom! I have received many compliments on them.
Thursday dad took our car and visited with some pharmacists, Corey worked from home, I went to the office for a meeting and mom hemmed my new pants. Thanks mom again.

Thursday night my parents, Corey's parents and us went out to dinner for Chinese food. yum yum. Corey and I feel so blessed to have our parents happy, healthy and so much fun.

Friday we took my parents to a session at the Jordan River Temple. Thanks Cecil and Kathy for babysitting Noah so we could go. It is always a blessing being inside the temple.

It was a wonderful week. I know mom and dad were ready to return to their own home but we sure miss them.

You can find more pictures over here and here.

Comments on "Grandma and Grandpa Kneeland Visit Noah"

 

Blogger Shana said ... (Saturday, June 06, 2009 10:12:00 PM) : 

Grandma's and Grandpa's are so so fun! I just love that baby, he is just Mr. Handsome.

 

Blogger Cal said ... (Sunday, June 07, 2009 4:36:00 PM) : 

I love that picture of Noah looking at you. so cute.

 

post a comment