Monday, July 31, 2006

Good Mail Karma

I like being able to do things for people that I think in some small way will make them feel a bit better for a moment. Perpetuating good things is a good thing, right? Completely unexpected acts, random unsolicited letters or emails, or small gifts are a fun way to show people that you care about them. It is even better when you are able to pull off an act of kindness or giving of a gift completely anonymously.

I tried pull off an anonymous gift recently. The anonymous part failed miserably since I shipped it directly to her and the package included the packing slip and billing information with all my info! Bummer! But the gift itself had a much larger impact than I thought. I received an excited phone call then accolades on her blog which was completely unnecessary, but appreciated. I had no idea that I was also contributing to a Good Mail phenomenon. Check out her blog for info on that. I'm glad I was able to have a small positive impact.

I prefer being anonymous but, since it wasn't, I thought I would post the story and include how the karma is continuing.When I got back from my weekend in Baltimore, I had a package waiting for me. I am now the proud new owner of my very own aquapac bag for my point-and-shoot digital camera. This is the same bag that Tara used to get the great shots of the tubing trip.

She had recently mentioned that she found a great belated birthday gift for me, which I tried to talk her out of. I forgot about that conversation until I saw the little note included on the packing slip. So, it was indeed an unexpected and exciting gift.

Thank you, Tara.

Let's go get wet!


Hopefully the Good Mail Karma will continue to flow freely...

Comments on "Good Mail Karma"

 

post a comment