Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Backyard Camp Out

We try to have a family camping trip every summer with the whole clan. As the clan continues to get larger and larger it has become more difficult to find a schedule that works for everyone.

This year we decided to try an alternative camping method in order to accommodate everyone's busy life and I think it worked quite well.

My parent's backyard was converted into a campsite, outdoor movie theater, dutch oven kitchen, campfire ring and outdoor concert venue.

We cooked up some yummy dutch oven food to feed about 30 of our family and a few special guests. Matt made some great BBQ chicken, Sharlie made delicious potatoes, I (Corey) made some awesome jambalaya and mixed berry cobbler and lots of other side dishes rounded out the feast.

I guess I should mention that Mindy helped me with the jambalaya since we had to leave in the middle of cooking it to see Maya's performance at school.

So technically she was the first one to make my new jambalaya recipe. I also did not take most of the pictures for the same reason although they are all from my camera.

Jill already made reference to the backyard camp out as this was the night that Maya wore the "I'm a Big Sister" shirt.

Breakfast was awesome too. Bacon, sausage, hash browns, and French toast.

We had a lot of fun and it was nice that people could come and leave as needed. It is always nice to set aside family camping time, even if it is just in the backyard.

Here are the rest of the Campout pictures

Comments on "Backyard Camp Out"

 

Blogger Cami said ... (Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:55:00 PM) : 

Looks like so much fun!! Even if it's just in the backyard :) I really like the light on the apple tree in the first picture with the tents.

 

Blogger Tara said ... (Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:29:00 AM) : 

What a cool idea, Wish I was thier.

 

post a comment