Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, No it's A BOY

So, we wanted to share the exciting news that the stork will deliver a little baby BOY! We had the ultrasound last Wednesday and that was so much fun. I picked up Maya early from school so she could join us and the three of us had so much fun watching this little boy move around in my tummy. The nurse was great and answered all of our (particulary Maya's) questions. She was very impressed with Maya's questions about weight, due date, fluids, etc. as most siblings just want to know the sex. I laughed when Maya wanted the nurse to show us the baby's ears. And luckily she found them. Baby Boy Burk was not shy is showing us he was a boy and I hate to admit it but that part was one of the only body parts I could actually tell what it was. His head is very low and his face is turned towards my spine so there aren't too many good profile pictures. But I am glad to know he is in the right direction. We are happy to say that he has all the needed parts and is right on track to be born on Feb. 22nd. His heart beat is great and he is growing strong.

It was really fun to come home on Thursday and have all of Corey's family over (visiting because Matt and Cami were in town). I walked in the door and they were all dying to hear the gender news. Corey is excited to have a son and Maya (although she stated on the way there that she would be very upset if it was a boy) is excited too.

I have started to feel him move around which is fun. The heartburn can stop at anytime. This week I learned my lesson not to lift anything heavy as i tore a muscle in my upper stomach and have been miserable. Lesson 1 don't carry t.v.s when your prego.

Comments on "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, No it's A BOY"

 

Blogger Shayna said ... (Friday, October 17, 2008 7:19:00 AM) : 

Congradulations Jill... That is so exciting! You are going to be a great mamma! Cant wait to see you for Bunco

 

Blogger The Finck Five said ... (Friday, October 17, 2008 10:35:00 AM) : 

Hi Jill!!! I found your blog on Tara's, I don't know how I missed it for soooo long. Congrats on your baby boy!!
Melissa

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (Tuesday, October 28, 2008 12:01:00 PM) : 

Congrats Jill! I haven't seen your blog much, but linked from Shana's today. It sounds like you are doing well.

Heartburn stinks when you are preggo. Mine lasted all 9 months, then miraculously stopped the day I delivered.

 

post a comment